Racing News and Results Provided by:
Arabian Finish Line ~ Arabian Jockey Club
Heritage Arabian Racing Club ~ Horse Reporter
International Federation of Arabian Horse Racing Authorities
Welcome to the Arabian Finish Line Magazine. Serving the global market for 28 years, Arabian Finish Line Magazine is a monthly publication celebrating the majesty of the Arabian racehorse and the intriguing people of the racing community. A definite “must-read” for anyone involved with Arabian horses, Arabian Finish Line is a valuable resource tool no racing professional should be without. Insightful, informative and entertaining, this magazine belongs in the hands of every Arabian horse enthusiast.
The Arabian Jockey Club is a nationally chartered non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and education of the Arabian racing industry in the United States.
Arabian racing was organized in the U.S. around 1959. After experiencing initial growth, today’s Arabian horses are finding their niche in the racing industry along with Thoroughbreds, Quarter Horses and other breeds. In recent years new opportunities have arisen for competitive Arabian racehorses at major racetracks across the country. It is apparent that the Arabian’s acceptance into the racing world has been positive and that many betting interests are actually favoring Arabians.
Created by a broad cross section of Arabian racing enthusiasts, the AJC is a natural outgrowth of the Arabian Horse Association’s initial effort to support the expanding racing industry.
ARO, officially the Arabian Racing Organisation Limited, is the sole Arabian Racing Authority in the UK, operating with the support and permission of the British Horseracing Authority.
Heritage Arabian Racing Club – Mission Statement: The purpose of this Club is to support and promote racing for those who wish to preserve the purebred Arabian of traditional type and bloodlines and to ensure the long-term future of Arab horse characteristics, in the broadest terms, with the hallmarks of beauty, athletic ability, soundness and versatility.
Participating & supporting countries to date through their respective horse racing industries : Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Egypt, Iran, Morocco, Palestine, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, United States of America. HARC is growing rapidly and should soon include Argentina, Canada, Chile, Germany, Italy, Kasakhstan, Spain and Uruguay and will continue its worldwide spread as it develops.
The International News reports of Arabian Racing and Sports around the world.
IFAHR (The International Federation of Arabian Horse Racing Authorities) is the global organization for the promotion of Arabian Horse Racing.
The purpose of IFAHR was formulated as follows:
In order to improve the speed, stamina, soundness and temperament of the Arab horse breed through racing, the Federation shall:
- Universally adopt the term ‘Arabian horse racing’
- Facilitate international competition between Arabian racehorses by:
- acceptance of universal recording methods
- acceptance of universal rules of racing
- acceptance of universal recording of ‘form’
- acceptance of universal handicapping methods
- Establish standards of acceptance for participation in Arabian horseracing
- Promote and facilitate Arabian horseracing in Member countries
- Foster and develop exchanges between Arab horse racing authorities of the member countries without discrimination
- Publish or foster the publication by member countries of a data base of racing information, race plans, racing results and statistics of Arabian horseracing utilising universal recording methods, which will be made available to all the breeders Associations
- Encourage sponsorship but promote financial independence
- Harmonise and co-ordinate racing conditions for international and national races
- Create and enforce rules that shall control and secure total integrity in Arabian horse racing